Thursday, August 7, 2008

Week 5 - Stickles!

Wow, it seems like summer is flying by so quickly! Here we are already at our fifth challenge - I'm so excited! The month of August brings of another design challenge hostess - Maria Levine! You can check out her beautiful work at her blog, riacreations. For our first challenge this month, Maria challenged us to use Stickles! As always, we want to encourage everyone to play, so if you don't happen to have stickles, see what you can do with your own glitter! Maria made this adorable little gift holder which actually has some stickles tucked away right inside! How cute is that?? I can't wait to see what other challenges Maria has in store for us! Check out what the other designers did with the stickles challenge:

Cindy Haffner - Cindy Haffner's Corner

















I love the beautiful background paper - Cindy always has a way of pulling together a wonderful mix of products and showcasing them all beautifully!

Jennifer Meyer - Jennifer's Sweet Treat Designs




















How sweet - what an adorable bunny! Jennifer always adds such beautiful detail - love the double knotted ribbon and the stitching!

Lynda Benden - Stamp Act
















Isn't this lovely - Lynda's easy elegance is always such a pleasure to see!

Linda Boucher - MDC Linda's Page




















I thought this card turned out so summery! I think I need to go get some lemonade!

Tamara McKlveen - MDC Tamara's Page



















I had a lot of fun this week finally getting to use this wheelbarrow stamp from Outlines; I want to keep playing with it - there are so many ways it could be embellished!

Thanks so much to all our designers for their hard work and for sharing their talent with us!

I think we should have another prize package!! Since this is Stickles week, it seems only fitting that we should give away some Stickles!! Make your own creation using Stickles (or glitter) and link it to this post - you could win this package of Stickles:
















And even if you don't win, you can still get some Stickles - we carry all the colors over at the store, so be sure to check it out! Hope you all have a wonderful week!

15 comments:

Giovana said...

What a great challenge!!! I love stickles. I am sad I couldn't play last week, but this week for sure I will.

Have a blessed day
Giovana

Maria said...

Awesome job with the stickles!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun challenge, Maria! Everyone's samples are so beautiful! Great inspiration, for sure! Here is one I did:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1011207?cat=500&ppuser=143903
Thanks for the chance to play along!
Carla

Jennifer Meyer said...

The samples are gorgeous ladies! Thanks Maria for the fun challenge.

Jennifer :)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous cards DT's and thank you for another great challenge, Thank you all so much for my wonderful prized which arrived yesterday.
Here
is my card for your challenge, Hugs, Nikki x

Kristine said...

OH WOW--I've ordered from your store before (love those mustang horses) but I didn't know you had a challenge blog!! Until now that is =) Awesome possum. I JUST did a card using stickles--you don't have to look hard at all to see where I used it either, LOL. Here's my link:
http://inksomething.blogspot.com/2008/08/challenge-and-blog-candy-alert.html

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found your blogspot - what great samples you have posted! I decided to post a card for Maria's challenge. I don't have stickles, but used some jewels, beads and irridescent embossing powder for a little extra bling! Thanks for a fun idea!

Here's my card:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1011782?cat=500&ppuser=87466

Lisa Kind said...

I love stickles and use them a lot! Thanks for the challenge and here's mine:

http://kindcreations.blogspot.com/2008/08/wedding-present.html

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I don't have any stickles but I love the way they look! I used Dazzling Diamonds to get the sparkly edges on my flower but I would love to win some stickles to play with different bling! Great samples and ideas. Thanks for the challenge.
Susan
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=123976

The Country Rose said...

Just found your blog yesterday so thought I would join in the challenge :). You can see my card here: http://thecountryrose.blogspot.com/

JESSICA said...

I love this challenge!
I made a card and applied stickles to every single dot of the patterned paper, the center of each punched flower and to accent the dress ruffle and boots of the stamped image. Here´s my try:
http://jessica-papertherapy.blogspot.com/2008/08/happy-birthday.html
TFL!

retiredheather said...

all these beautiful cards in one spot. Love stickles. they crate such wonderful deminsion and sparkle. My card can be viewed at: www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1016631?cat=500&ppuser=119565 in my gallery (retiredheather)

Giovana said...

I finally have some time to make a card for MDC challenge.

Here is my card: "Be Grateful" http://giovana-believe.blogspot.com/

Have a great day.
Giovana

Karen said...

Oh Cindy, I love using stickles. They look so good on so many things. I was going to use stickles on the centers of my flowers on today's card, but opted for dazzling diamonds instead. I'm glad you made that an option too. Here is the link to my card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1017749?cat=500&ppuser=5282

I love all the creations you showed with the wonderful stickles on your blog today.

Unknown said...

Here's my glittery creation:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1017996?cat=500&ppuser=188092