Thursday, April 2, 2009

MDCC37 - Out of the Box...

Wow, I can't believe we're already in to April! Another year just flying by with me running after it trying to catch up! I'm sure you guys with heavy winters are anxiously looking forward to a relief from the cold soon.... I am NOT looking forward to my first summer in Florida - I imagine it will be very hot, although mom has always said it's actually hotter in Virginia. We'll just see about that!


Last week we challenged you to use some spring colors, blue and yellow, with a pop of black. Look at the gorgeous card Carla created:




All I can say about that one is WOW - I just love it!

This week we are heading outside the box - the image box, that is! Our challenge for you is to create a card where your image bleeds outside the box - some refer to it as a cut away card. Here are this week's beautiful samples from the design team:



Cathy Weider - The Seaside Rose Cottage
Cathy used paper from Melissa Frances, ribbon from May Arts, and a stamped image from Serendipity.



Leah Cornelious - Paper Blossoms
Leah used a stamped image from Stampavie, paper from Scenic Route and Bo Bunny, and flowers and bling from Zva Creative.




Melissa Earnest - MME Designs
Melissa used papers from Bo Bunny, Imaginisce, and Best Creations and a stamped image from Serendipity.



I love Melissa's reverse take on the challenge - all of our designers are just so talented and creative!!

We hope you have some time to play along with us this week - just leave a comment here with a link to your picture - keyword MDCC37! Thanks for stopping by and have a happy stamping week!

2 comments:

Carla S. said...

I'm glad you liked my little Easter card - I'm so honored to see it here! Another great challenge for today! I love the look of out of the box images but often forget to do it! The DT samples are great! Here is my try:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1298374?cat=500&ppuser=143903
Have a good day!
Carla

Robin Wade said...

Carla, that is just beatiful!! Everyone's cards are great! Love seeing all the fun spring colors!